The Recipe For Making Emirati Balaleet – Sweet Vermicelli and Egg Omelet.
You can make Emirati Balaleet – Sweet Vermicelli and Egg Omelet using 10 ingredients in 8 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Emirati Balaleet – Sweet Vermicelli and Egg Omelet
- Add 500 grams of vermicelli, 1 pack (preferably the fine long type).
- Add 6 tbsp. of butter or ghee + 2 large tbsp. of corn oil.
- Fill 3/4-1 cup of sugar (according to preference).
- Add 1/2 tsp. of saffron threads.
- Mix 1 tbsp. of ground cardamom.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of rose water.
- Insert 1 of small onion finely chopped (optional).
- Add 4 of eggs.
- Mix 1 pinch of Salt and Pepper.
- Prepare of Boiling water.
Quick Step To Make Emirati Balaleet – Sweet Vermicelli and Egg Omelet
- Soak the saffron threads in rose water as these strands require moisture to release their flavor and magic qualities. You can add some extra ground cardamom to the mix as well to enhance flavors. Set aside to use later. In a deep pot, heat 3 tbls. of butter + 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add vermicelli and keep stirring till it turns into a mixture of light and dark golden vermicelli at the same time..
- Add boiling water, enough to barely soak the fried vermicelli, and let it cook for 2-3 minutes maximum (al dente). This step is critical since over cooking it could result with very soft and mushy vermicelli. Strain cooked vermicelli using a colander, place the same deep pot you used earlier over medium heat and add the remainder of butter and oil..
- Add the finely chopped onion with a pinch of ground cardamom and stir till it turns translucent; this insures that the flavor of raw onions is gone and they have broken down enough for their flavor to permeate the dish without overpowering it. Adding onions is optional, but it gives a wonderful kick to this recipe and I strongly advise adding it. After the onions turn translucent, add strained vermicelli, sugar, ground cardamom and the rosewater and saffron mix you prepared earlier..
- Mix by folding gently to prevent breaking or mushing the cooked vermicelli. Make sure the sugar dissolves and the flavors are distributed evenly. Cover the pot and let it simmer over low heat for 20 minutes until the vermicelli is entirely cooked by steam..
- During the last ten minutes of the cooking process, place a medium-sized frying pan over medium heat with a little bit of butter. Whisk the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper and pour one third of the egg mix into the frying pan to cook a thin omelet, ensuring it’s cooked on both sides. Or use a large sized frying pan to make 1 large and thin omelet..
- It depends on the size of your serving dish as the vermicelli in this recipe is usually topped with a thin omelet. You can add a pinch of ground cardamom to the eggs if you wish..
- When the vermicelli is cooked it’s time to assemble the Emirati Blaleet. In a wide serving dish, add the cooked vermicelli and top with large and thin omelet. Or assemble it using smaller serving plates with smaller thin omelets. The authentic recipe calls for folding the omelet in half making it easier to scoop from..
- Scoop the desired quantity of vermicelli and cut off a part of the omelet to eat it with. Serve hot along with tea, ginger milk or Arabic coffee. Balaleet is also very tasty when served at room temperature..
That's how to make Emirati Balaleet – Sweet Vermicelli and Egg Omelet Recipe.